Monday, September 19, 2011

Some catching up to do.

My first day at the store was August 2, 2011.  On my first day on the check stand I had a lady come through swearing to me that she bought almost everything in the store.  My response to her was "dont worry, its a big store.  I'm sure you didn't by everything".  Three overloaded carts later and a bill of SEVEN HUNDRED dollars I was actually wondering if she really did buy out several sections of the store.  I haven't seen a bill that big since then.

I do not really have any friends at the store.  I was one of twelve hired in my group and I only speak to two of the other eleven.  One lady who looks to be an Islander of some sort and I really like her because she is so nice and she always has a flower in her hair.  The other is a boy who is 19, gay, and has recently made his way here from Columbia.  He is the most adorable boy ever.  And I am not sure why I think so, because honestly when I listen to him I wonder why I am so intrigued.  Is it because he is from Columbia? Is it because he is gay? Is it because he dates a flight attended 14 years older than he is? Is it because he is so young and full of life?  What is it?  At any rate, he is super nice to me and he is a friendly familiar face when I show up to work.  And he makes me laugh.  Moving forward he will be referred to as The Columbian. 

I have never blogged before so I am not sure of how the flow of stopping and starting should go.  Please bare with me while I get it down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment